/* Add Facebook Life button */

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear friends -

I am writing today to inform you that I will not post any new devotionals until August.
The reason is very exciting to me and I know you will rejoice with me for the opportunity God has given me.

I received a call last Saturday confirming an appointment with a non-fiction Publisher during the She Speaks conference (Proverbs 31 Ministries) on July 22-24. The publisher meetings were closed when I registered. By faith I signed up for the wait list and was accepted.

Because I need to review my book's manuscript and finish drafting the book proposal, I will have to finish the message I am currently writing after the conference. Interestingly enough, my next devotional is based on Isaiah 55:8-9 :

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

I need to hang on to each word in these verses, as I have to trust God for the outcome of my meeting with the Publisher. Whatever the result, I am excited to just have the opportunity to have my writing reviewed. For someone who had never written before, I am still in awe at what God has been doing during these past several months.

Would you please pray for me?

- That God will continue to inspire me to finish the manuscript and proposal.
- That the conference will help me grow in knowledge of God and empower His ministry through Soaring With Him.
- For travel mercies.

Thank you so very much for reading my devotionals. Your sweet comments of encouragement whether on the website, emails or on the hallways of FBA have blessed me and humbled me to realize more and more that this is His work, not mine.

In Christ,
Patricia

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! You are on my prayer list!!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Yes, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Rhetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how wonderful, Patricia! God is so faithful to use us in the manner in which HE sees fit, when we are faithful to walk in HIS ways without "leaning unto our own understanding." I am sooooo proud of you, dear gal, because you have a heart for Jesus!
    And yes, I will pray for this manuscript to be completed according to HIS BEST plan!

    God's Blessings to You!
    Jennifer Arnhold
    You will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying, Patricia. I know what a big deal this is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news, Patricia! It sure seems like God has been "grooming" you for something like this! And we know that our Father really DOES know best! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about "Soaring"! Congradulations are in order!! It's so encouraging to see how God is using you.

    ReplyDelete